16. Competition Evaluation Criteria

Thank goodness I checked the inbox for canvas and noticed Dionysia's reminder to talk about the competition brief. I nearly forgot about this screenshot I took which I wanted to break down to see if I can try to hit the requirements.

Opportunity
The project seeks to address the issue of the lack of empathy of the public towards poorly designed public and private spaces with regards to people who use wheelchairs.

Audience
I think the intended audience is basically everyone, so I need to make something that has some level of universal appeal.

Impact 
I want to make people realise that they often take things for granted in a world designed for them. If it can make one person help hold the door open for the next person behind them, whether they're in a wheelchair or not, I think it would be helpful.

Craft
Fit, finish, and medium can probably only be judged after I'm actually done with making the project. With the current timeline I'm not super confident, but I'm sure as hell going to try.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4. Trying out the Implicit Association Test (Part 2)

14. Microsoft Inclusive Design Toolkit (Manual)